The organization has three free databases: a large database of all its news, articles and links since 1991, the Statewatch European Monitoring and Documentation Centre (SEMDOC) which monitors all new justice and home affairs measures since 1993.
The predecessor to Statewatch was "State Research" (1977-1982), which produced a bi-monthly bulletin and carried research.
The organization and its director, Tony Bunyan, have received awards for their civil rights activism including a 1998 award from the British Campaign for Freedom of Information and the 2011 "Long Walk" award at the Liberty's Human Rights Awards.
- "About". www.statewatch.org. Statewatch. Retrieved 1 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Search Statewatch database". database.statewatch.org.
- "Statewatch European Monitoring & Documentation Centre on Justice and Home Affairs in the EU - SEMDOC". www.statewatch.org.
- "The unique JHA Archive of official EU documents full-text 1976-2000".
- Christiane Schulzki-Haddouti, "Netzdepesche: Eurokraten versus Europakritiker" ("Eurocrats Versus Europe critic"), Der Spiegel, 20 January 2000 (in German).
- "Liberty award for Tony Bunyan and Statewatch", University of Bristol, 28 November 2011.